Saturday, June 09, 2007

My K7 Kyu Kyu

I almost lost my Sony Ericsson K700i the other day at the UP Law Center.
Fortunately, there were two thoughtful ladies who found it and kept it safe until I came back.

I went back yesterday to give them pastries from Goldilocks. They said a gift wasn't necessary.
But for me, it is necessary to reward a good deed and to express eternal gratefulness.

You might say I'm making too much fuss about my cellphone. Or you might actually be able to relate.

Next to my laptop, my cellular phone is the most valuable material thing I have.

Not just because of its market price. But because of the sentimental value it holds.

I bought it with my savings from my hard-earned salary from Ateneo. It became a symbol of my financial independence then.

Also, it is an extension of my ears, my eyes, my mouth, my mind... my heart.

My cellphone allows me to express my ideas and thoughts, and get information from a hundred miles away.

Aside from making life a bit more convenient (you can order food at a touch of a button!),
it allows me to get connected to people. It holds more than 300 numbers of people, offices, restos, etc.

More importantly, it keeps me connected to my loved ones even if they are far from me. I could carry a conversation with them all day like they're just at my side.

My cellphone's memory is also an extention of my own memory.
It stores memorable moments through my saved messages, photos, sound recordings and video clips.
It helps me keep track of birthdays, monthsaries, and a million things I need to do or buy.

It also helps me wake up in the mornings and keep me punctual (!).

And of course, my K7KyuKyu (yes, that's my phone's name) has saved me from boring and awkward-lonely moments (it has mp3, radio, games,internet).

All these and more, makes my cellphone a part of me.

My sister Bam calls this "technological determinism".
We are actually beginning to think of machines as an indispensable part of ourselves.

BUt who wouldn't? We spend a lot of time with these technological wonders. They are a part of our lives.

I have had K7KyuKyu for almost two years now, and I don't leave home without it. (I hope no robbers read this!)

If I forget to bring it, I feel handicapped. Especially at this time and age when people "txt" people where to meet up,about last minute change of plans, and emergencies.
I'm also the kind of person who needs to ask a lot of questions from people,
especially because I'm really bad with directions.

I had, literally and figuratively, been lost without a cellphone. So, it's really difficult to lose one.

I have lost three cellphones in the past, and I know the terrible terrible feeling of losing something you truly value.

I hope I would be more careful with this one. And keep it... for a long long time.

Hmmm... I think I'll put that in my phone's "Notes." :P

p.s. thanks to mini and jaja who turned around with me the moment I realized I "misplaced" my cellphone. Thanks for always being supportive, guys. Love ko na kayo talaga. hee hee

No comments: