Sunday, October 14, 2007

"SUBTLE" HINTS

(Kanta para sa nagpapacute/nanliligaw*)
text by Boots Tirol. tune to be composed by Aris
*see votes below


I don't know how to tell you
I just keep my feelings furled

So I'll give you a box of crayons
Say you bring color to my world,

And I'll bring you a blanket
Say you make me me feel secured.

I don't know how to tell you
your name's my heart's beat

So I'll offer you chocolates
Say you make my life so sweet,

And I'll give you my vitamins
Say you make me feel complete.

I don't know how to tell you
How you make things seem right

So I'll buy a book of love quotes
send you messages each night,

And I'll give you a teddy bear
Ask you to hold it tight.

Oh I don't know how to say
the three words I've been longing to

So I'll cook for you and clean your house
Show you what I can do,

Then I'll call the local radio
and say this song's for you.

*VOTES:
5 out of 10 GIRLS say that the person in the poem is still "Nagpapacute lang", "hindi pa nanliligaw" Because "dapat nagsasabi ng 'I love you' ang nanliligaw."

The other 4 contend that though the separate acts may not be construed as panliligaw, all of the acts taken as a whole would make a girl interpret the acts as panliligaw. While 1 reader commented that the guy do not have to spell it out, he was clearly ready to do anything for her!

2 out of 4 GUYS say "hindi pa nanliligaw. Turning point of panliligaw is the moment the guy expresses his feelings or intentions. If the girl says 'no', then the acts that the guy will do after that moment in the effort to change the girl's mind is now the 'panliligaw'."

The other 2 contend that "pagpapacute" is part of panliligaw. Like that in a song, it's the "introduction".

WHAT DO YOU THINK? You can leave a comment. thanks! BOOTS

1 comment:

Pon said...

uy nice. na pud ka future as a songwriter..haha. like the vitamins line..you can sell this to them as lyrics for an ad jingle..haha