Thursday, October 02, 2008

Young Bootsie's List

I was looking for something among my old stuff (my "treasures" that accumulated through the years) and I found my old diaries and scribbles.

I read some, laughed at some things that I wrote (like the one that said "Dear God, I am incredibly tired that you have to forgive me if I fall asleep without even finishing this sentence"),
understood the issues of my younger self, and marveled at my reflections (not so bad, not bad at all).

Then I came across an exercise that PK made me do back in college (part of helping me out of the pit). I was told to list down the things that hindered or burdened me, and to list things about myself or about my life that I liked/loved.

I listed around 24 negative things. While I came up with 33 positive ones.

I would like to share some of the positive things here.
They are all in random, and they are as honest as my younger self could get.
I will not edit them, but will just omit a few. The last number made me laugh and thought, "What was i thinking then?"

Here they are.

The Positive Things in My life:

1. I love to write. I can convey my thoughts on paper and can create an effect on people.
I feel powerful with my pen. I feel creative and talented with writing.

2. I love music. Singing frees my soul. I can express myself through songs. I can serve God
through music.

3. I love caring for people. I welcome my friends into my home. I listen to people. I like
to make people laugh. I like to make them happy.

4.I love teaching. Especially kids. I think I am an effective teacher.

5. I like being with people. Talking to them. I like organizing activities.

6. I love my family. My family loves me. They support me, no matter what. They care for me.

7. I had a happy childhood. I remember many carefree childhood memories. Running around
in the rain. Catching fireflies. Climbing trees. Playing house.

8. One of my happiest moments was when my article got published.

9. I love to travel. Adventure. See places and gain new experiences.

10. My list of positive things is growing long. That is a very positive thing!

11. I am young. I am looking forward to things. There is much ahead of me. I can use my
youth, my strength and energy for God.

12. I have faith in God. I know he loves me. I am not afraid because he is there.

13.I love UPCYM.

14. I have friends.

15. People care for me. I found people who care. Mommy Vany, Rania...

16. I don't have a bad mind. I can understand complex things if I really try. I have ideas.

17. I see wonder in things, especially nature. The stars. The leaves. The sea.

18. I am trying to learn my lessons.

19. I can love. I have the capacity to love.

20. I can laugh.

21. I have things that I need. Food, etc.

22. I have time. If managed wisely, it would allow me to pursue great things.

23. God is definitely working in my life. And He who started a good work would be
faithful to complete it.

24. I love summers. There's some charm in summertime.

25. I love quiet evenings with my thoughts.

26. I love sundays in Caingget. I love family gatherings.

27. I love milk. Milk makes me healthy.


This list really helped me back then. Now, I am glad to have found this list at this point of my life. With the heartaches and dilemmas of late that I have been experiencing, I miss PK and want to ask him for advice. With this, I got PK back (somehow), and I understood and appreciated myself more.

I thank God that He led me to this list.

I am going to make a new one, which would still include most of the things I wrote down years
ago. Of course, with all the things that has happened in my life through the years, I can add a few more positive ones.

You might want to write a list of your own too.

#

1 comment:

Wanderer Lady said...

what a beautiful list ... it's uplifting ...