Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Dose of Movies (babangon ka sa flu!)

I caught the flu (and had a bad cold after) last week. But it did not stop me from catching a couple of movies from Cine Europa at Shangrila Plaza. Well, a good movie is like chicken soup for me.hehe

My best friend Rania and I watched You Am I (Lithuana), a story about an architect who doesn't talk much and builds a really cool treehouse in the forest, and Karakter (Netherlands), a gripping movie about a young ambitious lawyer who talks a lot (hehe) and becomes the prime suspect for the murder of his father. The film (Karakter) also has a touch of humor and it ends with a touching note.
We would have watched another film "Facing Windows" if the ticket booth didn't run out of tickets. Next time then. The 10th Cine Europa will still run until today (!) from 12nn to 9pm. It offers a lot of good films including Kolya. Admission is free (you just have to line up for the tickets).

I also got to catch Stardust (thank God it was still running!) with Aris last Sunday. The movie is based on a novel by Neil Gaiman. I immensely enjoyed the movie. It was light and funny yet eloquent and profound. (I have not read the novel though --somebody refused to let me borrow her Neil Gaiman stuff for fear I might "destroy" one again. *wink* hehehe-- and as they always say the book is better than the movie). I found the movie really good -- the characters were lovable (even the witch), the pace just right, and there's a little of everything in it for everyone (adventure for the kids, love story for the dating lovers. hehe) And yup, it the perfect movie to watch on a Sunday afternoon when you have a flu. It made me feel warm all over (and glow like the star Yviane?) ;-)

No comments: