Saturday, November 24, 2007

Beowulf: The 3D Experience

"Wow. It's like Magic Eye!" I exclaimed when the movie Beowulf started. Aris, who treated me to the 3D movie at SM The Block, laughed and squeezed my shoulder.
The rest of the movie proved to be exciting and fun.

It was my first time to see a 3D movie (and wear 3D glasses). I was amazed to see such realistic animation -- the depth and texture were incredible, and it was made to make you feel part of the movie. I flinched or dodged every time a sword, spear, debris, or "flying men" came my way. Hahaha!

I can't say if the film's interpretation of the epic was the correct one, but I like the way the story was presented. It was mysterious, intense with a light touch of humor, with breathtaking actions sequences. Adding all that to the 3D visual pleasure, resulted to such a great experience. (Thanks Robert Zemeckis, Neil Gaiman and Roger Avary. And of course, thanks Swee! mwah!)

No comments: