Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Reformatted": Ready to Move On (Part 2 of 2)

I have the same password for almost all my internet accounts. It makes it easier to remember, and less confusing.

My password (now old password) had something to do with my previous relationship.
I didn't bother to change it because I found it a daunting task to change all my passwords.
I have accounts in Yahoo!, Gmail, UP Webmail and CRS, Ateneo mail, Ateneo's aisis (where we input grades, etc), Flixter, Multiply, Blogger, Youtube, Esnips, and in a lot more sites (my Facebook and Friendster have different passwords though).
Besides, I had that password for years now and my fingers have acquired muscle memory.

I also didn't see it as such a big deal. Yes, I remember some things everytime I log in, but I have accepted the fact that there are just things in the past that have become a part of me and would be hard to forget.

But again, another technological glitch intervened.

The other day, I had trouble signing into Yahoo! Messenger.
After a few more tries, a prompt popped up that said "Sign in problems."
I clicked it and found out it was a password resetting mechanism.

Yahoo! presented me with the opportunity to change my password.
I took that opportunity.
This time, I made a password that didn't have anything to do with anyone else.

After changing my password, Yahoo! asked "Ready to move on?"

I laughed.

And clicked Yes.

#

P.S.
I have since changed my password in most of my accounts, and my fingers have adapted quite well.

No comments: