Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Silence

How do you not run out of new things to say? James Ingram asked.


I have a million thoughts running in my head.

A thousand words to say. A hundred stories to tell.


I have an infinite string of feelings to express.

An ocean of dreams to share.


I have a million questions to ask.

A thousand things to discover. A hundred stories to hear.


I have a lifetime.

So I take my time.


Or I may only have a few seconds.

So I utter everything in one breath.


I can write a novel for everything I want to convey

or I can say it in a word.


Or I can say nothing.

Be silent.


Since I have a million things to say,

I run out of things to.


But I know I don't have to say anything,

and it's still ok.


I'll just listen.

Be quiet.


Sometimes, Ronan Keating is right.

You say it best when you say nothing at all.

:-)

1 comment:

Bijou Sugar-Socks said...

bootsie.. i miss u :*