Friday, March 07, 2008

Thanks Sophomore Chorale and Malcolm Idolaw

Law School was getting tedious, demanding, boring. The "Socratic Method" was not working for me. I would usually laugh off and be cool when insults are hurled my way, but this time the blows have broken my heart and my wings. I needed to do something to save my sanity. Music and friendship saved the day.

I joined the sophomore batch choir for the Sing You in Court chorale competition (part of the Malcolm Idolaw, the first ever concert of UP College of Law) to do something new -- or to do something 'old'. Something I love doing but haven't got the time to do, which is singing-- singing with a group for that matter (I do sing a lot, especially in the shower. hehehe).

Music does lift a tired soul. The melodies soothed my wounds. And by joining the choir, my world also widened. I came to know more people from the Law School, people who have colorful and interesting personalities, people that I now consider my friends.

And we won. We were the first ever grand champions. And we got the first prize of 20,000 pesos! (though we have already incurred expenses for our costumes, etc).
Though, win or lose, it would have been all worth it. It was an honor to represent the batch; I enjoyed singing and learning, and getting to know other people; I got my sanity back.

Thanks Sophomore Chorale, thanks to the organizers of Malcolm Idolaw for the opportunity to sing, express myself, and fly once more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.